Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Red Velvet Swirl Brownies

I just need to tell you how much I LOVE and am addicted to Pinterest! It has sooooo many good recipes that I don't know if I will ever have time to make them all. But, I did try one that was absolutely my FAVE!!

RED VELVET SWIRL BROWNIES
~ yields 16 squares using a 8" x 8" baking tray 

INGREDIENTS for brownie layer:
Unsalted Butter 8 tbsp (1 stick) melted
Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
Pinch of salt
Red Food Coloring 1 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Eggs 2
All Purpose Flour 3/4 cup
Cream Cheese Layer:
Cream Cheese 8 ounces (softened)
Sugar 1/4 cup
Egg 1
Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp
DIRECTIONS for Brownie Layer: 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking tray.
2. Mix together butter, sugar and vanilla
3.Then add vinegar, food coloring and eggs
4. Last, add all dry ingredients and pour the batter into greased baking tray.
Directions for cream cheese layer:
1. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients
2. Pour over the brownie batter in the tray in stripes, or you can drop the cream cheese mix in by the tablespoonsful.
3. take a knife and swirl the brownie mix and cheese mix, being careful not to scrape the bottom of the pan.
4. place in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely (if you can, as you can see I didn't wait) and ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment