Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Twig Wreath

Like my sister, I too am addicted to pinterest. I found this awesome wreath, but no tutorial. The link just sent me to google.com. So, I decided I would figure out how to do it on my own and this is what I got...
It only cost me $3.50 to make. I had most of the stuff I needed on hand.
First you need an old hanger, or in my case a hanger from our friendly dry cleaning place.
Then you need twigs. I cut them 6 1/2 to 8 inches long. We cut down a tree a few weeks ago so I had plenty of branches to work with.
Of corse you will need a hot glue gun, scrap fabric of your choice, and a sprig of small berries of your color choice.
I took the hanger and man handled it to make a circle, not a pretty one but it worked.
I tried gluing the twigs onto the hanger, but it wouldn't hold. Light bulb...I wrapped yarn around the hanger and glued it in place.
The twigs held on better and they are still on after a windy day. I placed a bowl in the center of the hanger as a guide so the opening in the center of the wreath would be a circle.
Then comes the flowers. I cut my fabric 1 inch thick and about 24 inches long. At the end of the fabric strips tie a knot.
Then I cut out circles the size of canning lids (I used them as my template).
Place hot glue in the center of the circle and put the knotted end of the fabric there. Then start going around in a circle with the fabric and glue.
Once the flowers were done I glued one ontop of the twigs and then a little bit of the berry sprig on either side. Then another flower and berries. Repeat until the circle is done. Ta Da... You have your wreath!
Try it out and let us know how yours looks.  Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment