Monday, October 3, 2011

Quiet time Lace-ups

My sister gave me some lace up cards for my daughter. It came in a big box and the cards are about the size of a lined piece of paper. So when it comes to space in my church bag those are the first to take out. I was going through a craft bin in my basement and found some wooden hearts. Light bulb! 
I pulled out my dremel and made holes all around the boarder. Then I found some nylon twine type stuff in our garage and cut a few pieces and melted the ends so they wont fray. I painted the hearts and then sprayed them with the cool gloss finish. Ta Da!!! Now we have some lace up shapes for church or for long car rides. I can't wait to do other shapes, or I might mod podge a picture of a temple, the Prophet, or Jesus onto the hearts. The possibilities are endless! Hope this inspires you, or gets the wheels turning in your pretty little head!
Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment