Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Is Coming!

I have been working on this craft for a while, and I am happy to report that I have FINALLY got it finished! I have seen a bunch of different Halloween trees but, this is the version of mine. 
You will need:
Sticks/branches
Black spray paint Matte Finish
Orange glitter
Purple lights (I used a strand of 100 lights found at Target for only $3.50)
Bucket or something cute to stand your tree in.
Rocks/gravel
1.  You will need to take your branches and make sure there are no leaves on them and make sure that the wood is dry before you paint.
2.  Start spraying your branches with spray paint, but before it dries, make sure you sprinkle with the glitter so it will stick. Let it dry for a day or so.
3.  Wrap the lights around the branches.  
4.  Take your cute bucket or container (I found mine at Target in the dollar item section, only it wasn't a dollar, it was $2.50) Okay, so here is where I got creative. The rocks weren't holding the branches up like I wanted them to, so, I found out that a roll of toilet paper fit perfectly in the bottom of my container, and I stuck the branches through the roll, THEN put the rocks in to balance. Worked like a charm!! :}
 I had my kiddos help me make some ornaments out of  left over toilet paper rolls or you could use a paper towel roll too. I just halved the rolls and covered with some construction paper and Modge Podge. Then used Halloween stickers or my imagination to come up with some interesting decorations. 
 Decorate however you like, just have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment